A Brief History
Trinity Lutheran Church's first worship service was led by Pastor George Ulrich in 1949. The congregation was then organized on Palm Sunday, April 10, 1949 with 66 persons received as charter members. Soon after, property was purchased and over the years, worship space and education buildings were erected, all the while baptizing and confirming many.
In September 1972, Trinity's preschool started as a co-operative program for preschoolers and their mothers. In 1981, Trinity Lutheran Preschool opened its doors as a state certified preschool serving the South Bay community.
Trinity’s current worship space was constructed in 1985, and in 1992, Trinity added the Opus 56 Organ with its 914 pipes. Since then, Trinity has hosted many musical concerts and recitals.
Trinity's Senior Pastor, Reverend Luther Martell, joined the Trinity community in June 2006, focusing leadership on out-in-the-world ministry that is relevant in a rapidly changing society.
For complete congregational history, please click here.